Andy Warhol Poster Picks

• No doubt about it. My Andy Warhol poster favorites include the weird ones. Well, not weird around unusual. The soup cans and endless Marilyn variations are interesting--and they have visit denote a complete era. I'm more interested, however, in Warhol being an evolving, experimenting introspective artist.

Furthermore, i enjoy conversation pieces adorning my walls. And from the time I had been in college, my Andy Warhol poster collection has done better at starting conversations than some other art that I have displayed.

Here are my top five Andy Warhol poster picks--with a web link in the bottom in order to check out the images themselves.

1. Self Portrait with Skull. In his old age, Warhol became more morbid and introspective. This photographic self-portrait jogs my memory a small amount of Hamlet. Except older and stranger. (Is it possible to be stranger than Hamlet? Um, I believe Warhol could have been. Within a great way, obviously.)

2. Experiments with Androgyny. It is easy to dismiss or laugh at photos of men dressed as women. The truth is that, I laughed this Andy Warhol poster series off to start with. Occur, Andy. You are NOT all that pretty. In Warhol's case, so much was simply in regards to the experimentation. What can this appear like? What would you choose love to represent an alter ego? Memorably. Warhol's self-portraits in drag may not be the very best choices for general apartment decor, but you are worth a look--just to the originality factor.

3. Warhol's Dracula Movie Poster. No Andy Warhol poster collection is done without no less than one memorable movie poster. With the whole vampire movie trend taking place these days, you'll have fun as a little subversive. Edward and Bella? Produce an escape. Warhol knew dealing with the whole vampire thing with drama, boldness, eroticism, and (obviously) an excellent healthy dose of campiness.

4. The Querelle Movie Poster. That one is edgier, and purely available in the gray color variation around the inexpensive poster sites. But nonetheless, if you like to create you and your guests look--and take a look again, read the Querelle Andy Warhol poster.

5. The Green Cat. This is accessible in poster form as only one bit of the 25 Cats Andy Warhol print. It's unusual because it almost resembles an Eric Carle illustration. (You already know...the Very Hungry Caterpillar author.) It's a sweetness regarding it (uncharacteristic of Warhol), also it pops off the white background. You can put this place just about anywhere--whether children's room or older your favorite reading chair.

These are merely a few of the great, off-the-beaten-path Andy Warhol poster options around. Warhol was an unusually prolific artist. The sooner part of his career examined celebrity and culture, along with the latter a part of his career involved experimentation with film, photography, Rorschach ink blots, Polaroid images, and self-portraiture.
    More details about Andy Warhol Quotes have a look at our webpage: look at here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!